Attorney Esequiel Solorio is a certified specialist in workers’ compensation law as certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.

How can I have my lost wages replaced?

On Behalf of | Sep 26, 2018 | injured workers' rights

If you were injured in the workplace and had to take time off work in order to recover, then it is likely that you lost wages as a result. This will probably have had a significant effect on your household and may have increased financial stresses. Since you were injured in the workplace, you have certain rights to be able to reclaim the injuries that you suffered in relation to the workplace accident, including lost wages.

As part of your workers’ compensation claim in the state of California, it is likely that you will be able to get a replacement of wages. Rarely does wage replacement cover the entire sum of the total wages lost during the period of your recovery; however, it should be able to help you significantly.

How much wage replacement will I be entitled to?

The exact amount of wage replacement that you will be entitled to will depend largely on the particular situation. However, typically a worker will be entitled to around 66 percent of the average wage the worker receives. It can be difficult to establish what would be known as the average wage; however, this is often calculated as the standard hourly or weekly wage that the employer gained in the previous months of employment. It is important to note that the wage replacement payments will not be taxed.

If you are struggling financially after an injury in the workplace, it is important that you take action in standing up for your right to wage replacement in the state of California.